The Integrated Specialist Healthcare Research and Education Foundation (ISHCERF) mission is to improve integrated health services by better linking hospital, specialist, GP and diagnostic services..
The concept of integrated healthcare is defined by the World Health Organisation as:
“bringing together inputs, delivery, management and organization of services related to diagnosis, treatment, care, rehabilitation and health promotion. Integration is a means to improve services in relation to access, quality, user satisfaction and efficiency”.
The ISHCERF founded in 2014 seeks to
- Integrate of teams of specialists focused around specific disease
- Provide geographic co-location of services to provide patients with better access
- Integrate diagnostics and procedures
- Link all sectors in healthcare in partnership
- Utilise technological innovation and electronic medical record to provide seamless communication between centre and other carers
- Seek to Vertically integrate specialists with primary care and ambulatory care
- Provide Educational integration for both specialists colleges and primary care
- Aim for Research integration with Academic institutions
- Associate Professor Peter Gonski, Director Southcare, South Eastern Area LHD
- Dr. Preeti Joshi, Paediatric Allergist and Immunologist, Sydney Childrens network
- Dr. Rowan Vickers, Director GP Council