- Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal Laparoscopic Surgery Kareena Pivate – 2003 Current
- Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, St.George Private Hospital – 2003 – Current
- Consultant, Upper Gastrointestinal, St. George Public Hospital – 2003 – Current
- Consultant, Upper Gastrointestinal, Sutherland Public Hospital – 2004 – Current
- Kingsway Day Surgery – 2014 – Current
- Honorary Treasurer of OSSANZ (Obesity Surgery Society of Australia and New Zealand)
- Education and Training of IFSO – International Federation of Obesity Society (Asian-Pacific chapter).
- Advisory role with DoHA (Department of Health and Ageing) in facilitating new Bariatric surgery item number classification and NCCC (National Case-mix Classification Centre) in funding for bariatric surgery
- IEF (International Excellence Federation of Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery) executive member
- RACS (Royal Australasian College of Surgeons), committee member for regional NSW
Dr Ken Loi is a specialist Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeon with appointments at St George Public and Private Hospital, Kareena Private and Sutherland Public Hospital. He has performed more than three thousands advanced laparoscopic surgeries including primary and revisional bariatric operations. He has studied Bariatric surgery extensively since 2002 and has further advanced his experience during his time in the USA.
Currently he hold the position of a Honorary Treasurer of the OSSANZ (Obesity Surgery Society of Australia and New Zealand) and also leads the Education and Training chapter in IFSO – the International Federation of Obesity Society (Asia-Pacific chapter). Dr Ken Loi has also has published numerous scientific papers and articles and has been invited as a speaker for local and international meetings.
Since 2003, Dr Ken Loi has been working on setting up a multi-disciplinary surgical weight loss programme in St George Private Hospital and also replicated this program in 2009 in Sutherland Public hospital for (SESAHS – South-Eastern Sydney Area Health Service). Dr Ken Loi has performed more than thousands of Bariatric operations with good results and minimal complications.
Besides bariatric surgery, Dr Ken Loi also has extensive experience in Advance Upper Gastrointestinal Laparoscopic surgery including hernia surgery, oncology surgery and Endoscopy.
- Research and innovations in bariatric and weight loss surgery
- Upper GI and cancer surgery
- Latest technology and developments in hernia surgery
Education and Qualifications
- 2003 Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Plastic & Reconstructive) awarded
- 1992 Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of New South Wales
- 1990 Fellowship of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Memberships and Committees
- OSSANZ (Obesity Surgery Society of Australia and New Zealand)
- IFSO (International Federation of Obesity Society)
- ANZGOSA (Australian and New Zealand Gastro-oesophageal Surgical Society)
- ACMA (Australian, Chinese Medical Association)
- RACS (Royal Australasian College of Surgeons)
- IEF (International Excellence Federation for Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery)