Extended reading for practitioners
Our specialists have contributed extensively to journals and medical texts in the following areas.
Allergy and immunology
- Tan JW, Joshi P. Egg allergy: an update. J Paediatr Child Health. 2014 Jan;50(1):11-5. doi: 10.1111/jpc.12408.
- Gray PE, Mehr S, Katelaris CH, Wainstein BK, Star A, Campbell D, Joshi P, WonM, Frankum B, Keat K, Dunne G, Dennison B, Kakakios A, Ziegler JB. Salicylate, elimination diets in children: is food restriction supported by the evidence? Med J Aust. 2013 Jun 17;198(11):600-2.
- Turner PJ, Mehr S, Joshi P, Tan J, Wong M, Kakakios A, Campbell DE. Safety of food challenges to extensively heated egg in egg-allergic children: a prospective, cohort study. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2013 Aug;24(5):450-5.
- Joshi P,Does my child have a food allergy? Medicine Today 2011 January; 12 (1) 20-28
- Joshi P, Katelaris CH, Frankum B. Adrenaline (epinephrine) autoinjector use in preschools. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009 Aug;124(2):383-4. doi:10.1016/j.jaci.2009.06.033. PubMed PMID: 19647588.
- Joshi P, Katelaris CH, Frankum B., Adrenaline (epinephrine) autoinjector use in preschools. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009 Aug;124(2):383-4.
- Joshi P, Shaw A, Kakakios A, Isaacs D, Interferon-Gamma levels in nasopharyngeal secretions of infants with respiratory syncytial virus and other respiratory viral infections. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Immunology. 2003 January 131:1, 143 – 147.
- Isaacs D, Joshi P, Respiratory infections and asthma. Medical Journal of Australia. September 2002;17:S50-S51
- Joshi P, Mofidi S, Sicherer S, Interpretation of commercial food ingredient labels by parents of food allergic children. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2002 June 109(6): 920-2
- Marks GB, Zhou J, Hong SY, Joshi P, Bishop AG, Britton WJ and the CAPS investigators, Cord blood mononuclear cell cytokine responses in relation to maternal house dust mite allergen exposure. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Allergy.2002 Mar;32(3):355-60.
- Joshi P, Shaw, A, Kakakios A, Isaacs D. The role of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) in the aetiology of atopy and asthma. Allergy and Clinical Immunology International 12 (5): 213-216 (2000)
- Joshi P, Kakakios A, Jayasekera J, Isaacs D. A comparison of interleukin 2 levels in nasopharyngeal and endotracheal aspirates of babies with respiratory syncytial viral bronchiolitis. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 102:618-20, 1998 Oct.
- Joshi P, Barr P. The use of lumbar puncture and laboratory tests for sepsis by Australian Neonatologists. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health 34: 74-78 (1998)
- Joshi P, Jones KV, Hanson RM, Alperstein G, Fasher B. Personal Health Records. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health 29: 400-401 (1993)
- Jones KV, Fasher B, Hanson R, Burgess M, Isaacs D, Joshi P, Blanch R , Byrne J. Immunisation status of casualty attenders : risk factors for non-compliance and attitudes to ‘on the spot’ immunisation. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health 28: 451-454 (1992)
- Sarpal A, Loghdey S, Lister R Asymptomatic papules in a patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemia Clinical and Experimental Dermatology 2010 Jul,35(5),563-564
- Desai T , Loghdey S , Patel T Parrot beak nails –case report and review of literature Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, 2011 Mar,36(2),208-209
- Garg S, Loghdey S, Gawkrodger DJ Allergic contact dermatitis from aluminium in deodorants Contact Dermatitis. 2010 Jan;62(1): 57-58
- Patel T, Loghdey S Schopf-Schulz-Passarge syndrome : a case report BJD, July 2010:163(1): 29-30
- Loghdey MS, Varma S, Rajpara SM, Al-Rawi H, Perks G, Perkins W.Mohs micrographic surgery for dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP): A single-centre series of 76 patients treated by frozen-section Mohs micrographic surgery with a review of the literature J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2014 Oct;67(10):1315-21.
- Hu H, Vickery K, Deva AK, Chronic biofilm infection in breast implants is associated with an increased T cell lymphocytic infiltrate – implications for breast implant associated lymphoma PRS in press
- Jacombs A., Hu H., Deva A.K., Wessels W.L.F., Bradshaw D., Vickery K In vitro and in vivo investigation of the influence of implant surface on the formation of bacterial bilfilm in mammary implants Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2014; 133(4) : 471e-480e
- James M Allan, Anita S.W. Jacombs, Pedro M. Valente, Helen Hu Steven L. MertenKaren Vickery, Anand K. Deva, Detection of bacterial biofilm in double capsule surrounding mammary implants – findings in human and porcine breast augmentation Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 129)3):578e-580e, March 2011
- Tamboto H, Vickery K, Deva A.K. Subclinical (biofilm) infection causes capsular contracture in a porcine model following augmentation mammaplasty PRS 2010;126(3):835-842
- Jacombs A., Allan J, Valente P, Vickery K and Deva AK How bacterial biofilms can affect breast implants Body Language 2010
- Deva A.K Subclinical infection as a possible cause of significant breast capsules [Letter] PRS June 2004;113(7):2230
- Pajkos A., Deva A.K., Vickery K., Cope C., Chang L., Cossart Y.E., Detection of subclinical infection in symptomatic breast implant capsules PRS 2003:111:1605-1611.
- Hu H, Vickery K, Deva A.K., Chronic biofilm infection in breast implants is associated with an increased T cell lymphocytic infiltrate -implications for breast implant associated lymphoma PRS in press
- Jacombs A., Hu H., Deva A.K., Wessels W.L.F., Bradshaw D., Vickery K In vitro and in vivo investigation of the influence of implant surface on the formation of bacterial biofilm in mammary implants Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery2014; 133(4) : 471e-480e
- Vickery, K., Hu H., Jacombs A.S., Bradshaw D.A., Deva A.K. A review of bacterial biofilms and their role in device associated infection Healthcare infection2013: 18(2) : 61-66
- Deva A.K., Adam W.P Jr., Vickery K., The role of bacterial biofilms in device associated infection Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery2013; 132(5):1319-1328
- Vickery K, Hu H, Jacombs AS, Bradshaw DA, Deva A.K. A review of bacterial biofilms and their role in device-associated infection Healthcare Infection2013:18B;61-66
- Jacombs A, Allan J, Hu H, Valente PM, Wessels W, Deva A.K., Vickery K. The use of antibiotic impregnated mesh reduces the formation of biofilm-induced capsular contracture in the porcine model. Aesthetic Surg J;2012: Accepted 27.1.2012.
Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery
- Ho K., Boorer C., Khan U., Deva A.K., Chang L., Innovative technique for correction of the congenital lop ear J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2006;59:494-8
- K., Hutter J.J., Eskridge J., Khan U., Boorer C.J., Hopper R.A., Deva A.K., The management of life-threatening haemorrhage following blunt facial trauma Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery 59(12):1257-1262: 2006
- Matarasso A., Deva A.K. Informe sobre seguridad y eficacia La Toxina Botulina Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 114(5) S 65S-72S: 2004
- Nettle W., Deva A.K., Outcomes following facelift surgery : recognizing and avoiding dynamic contour irregularities (DCI) ANZJS July 2003;73S;A226
- Deva A.K., Hopper R.A., Landecker A., Flores R., Weiner J., McCarthy J.G., The use of intraoperative autotransfusion during cranial vault remodeling for craniosynostosis PRS 109(1):58-63, 2002
- Deva A.K., Matarasso A. The treatment of the prominent axillary fold Operative Techniques in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Body Contouring and Liposuction Part III, Vol 8, no 3. pp 192-195, 2003
- Vickery, K., Hu H., Jacombs A.S., Bradshaw D.A., Deva A.K. A review of bacterial biofilms and their role in device associated infection Healthcare infection 2013: 18(2) : 61-66
- Deva A.K., Adam W.P Jr., Vickery K., The role of bacterial biofilms in device associated infection Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2013; 132(5):1319-1328
- Vickery K, Hu H, Jacombs AS, Bradshaw DA, Deva AK A review of bacterial biofilms and their role in device-associated infection Healthcare Infection 2013:18B;61-66
- Jacombs A, Allan J, Hu H, Valente PM, Wessels W, Deva AK, Vickery K. The use of antibiotic impregnated mesh reduces the formation of biofilm-induced capsular contracture in the porcine model. Aesthetic Surg J;2012: Accepted 27.1.2012.
- Vickery K, Deva AK, Jacombs A, Allan J, Valente P, and Gosbell IB. Presence of biofilm containing viable multi-resistant organisms despite terminal cleaning on clinical surfaces in an intensive care unit. J Hosp Infect2012;80:52-55.
- Vickery K, Deva AK, Jacombs A, Allan J, Valente P, and Gosbell IB. Presence of biofilm containing viable multiresistant organisms despite terminal cleaning on clinical surfaces in an intensive care unit. J Hosp Infect2012;80:52-55.
- Ngo QD, Vickery K and Deva AK. The effect of Topical Negative Pressure on wound biofilms using an in vitrowound model. Wound Repair Regeneration; 2011 20(1): 83-90
- Capsular contracture and genetic profile of ica genes among staphylococcus epidermidis isolates from subclinical periprosthetic infections Deva A.K. (Letter) PRS 127(4):1748-1749, April 2011
- Ngo Q., Deva A.K. Point-Counterpoint : Is higher pressure better than low pressure for NPWT Podiatry today 2010;23(8):50-55.
- Hadi R, Vickery K, Deva A, Charlton T. Biofilm removal by Medical device cleaners: comparison of two detection assays. J Hosp Infect:2010;74:160-167.
- Bovill E. Banwell PE. Teot L. Eriksson E. Song C. Mahoney J. Gustafsson R. Horch R. Deva A. Whitworth I. Topical negative pressure wound therapy: a review of its role and guidelines for its use in the management of acute wounds. International Advisory Panel on Topical Negative Pressure. International Wound Journal. 5(4):511-29, 2008 Oct.
- Matousek S., Deva A.K., Mani R., Outcome measurements in wound healing are not inclusive : a way forward International Journal of Lower extremity Wounds 6(4):284-290 December 2007
- Kennedy P.J., Young W.M., Deva A.K., Haertsch P.A. Burns and amputations : a 24 year experience J Burn Care and Research 27(2):183-188 March/April 2006
- Khan U., Ho K., Deva A.K., Exchanging split-skin grafts to reduce donor morbidity in limited pretibial degloving injuries PRS April 15 2004;113(5):1523-1525
- Moisidis E., Heath T., Boorer C., Ho K., Deva A.K. A prospective blinded randomized controlled clinical trial of topical negative pressure (TNP) use in skin grafting PRS September 15, 2004;114(4):917-922
- Young W.M., Deva A.K., Haetsch P.A., Kennedy P.J., Burns and amputations : a 22 year experience ANZJS May 2003;73S1:A96
- Matarasso A., Deva A.K., Botulinum Toxin – an update PRS October 2003;112(5)S:55S-61S
- Deva A.K., Matarasso A., The safety and efficacy of botulinum toxin PRS 2002: 109(3):1191-1197
- Hargreaves D.G. , Pajkos A., Deva A.K., Vickery K., Filan S.L., Tonkin M.A., (2002) The role of biofilm formation in percutaneous K-wire fixation of radial fractures J Hand Surg (B&E) 27(4):365-368
- Deva A.K., Fisher E., Buckland, G., Liew S.C.C., Merten S., McGlynn M., Gianoutsos M., Baldwin M., Lendvay P,. Topical negative pressure in wound management MJA 2000:173:128-131
Men’s health – bladder and prostate clinic
Mobility and joint disease
- Tonkin M.A., Deva A.K., Filan S.L., Long term follow up of composite non-vascularised toe phalanx transfers for aphalangia Journal of Hand Surgery – British Volume 30(5) 452_458: 2005
Dental & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Moncrieff, N.J., Qureshi C., Deva A.K. A comparative cost analysis of Maxillofacial Trauma in Australia Journal of Craniofacial Surgery July 2004;15(4):686-691
- Deva A.K. , Chang L. Aesthetic Facial Surgery Australian Doctor 29th March 2002